The world is going barmy through fear – here’s someone getting arrested for wearing a rain jacket, carrying a rucksack with a laptop inside, looking down at the steps while going into a tube station and checking his phone for messages. I guess he probably considers himself lucky not to have been shot on suspicion.
The reason he quotes for being detained are:
- they found my behaviour suspicious from direct observation and then from watching me on the CCTV system;
- I went into the station without looking at the police officers at the entrance or by the gates;
- two other men entered the station at about the same time as me;
- I am wearing a jacket “too warm for the season”;
- I am carrying a bulky rucksack, and kept my rucksack with me at all times;
- I looked at people coming on the platform;
- I played with my phone and then took a paper from inside my jacket.
Found via Simon Rumble.