The Victorian Partnership for Advanced Computing (VPAC) is looking for a Linux systems administrator to join our systems team working on grid computing.
- Help build a grid across Australia!
- Relaxed work environment.
- Melbourne CBD fringe, easy access to trains and tram.
- Salary around $55-60K+ (package contingent on experience)
- Fixed term contract – 12 months.
- Closing Date: 2nd August 2007
Reporting to the ICI Operations Manager, you will be working primarily in a Linux systems administrator role with Grid toolkits such as Globus and VDT. You will be involved in a National Project to provide Grid Based Computing available across Australia. The ability to work with and support our end users (typically scientific researchers and software developers) is very important in this role. Some national and international travel will be involved.
So if you think that it sounds interesting then please and go read the job advert on the VPAC website, or at least tell a friend! 🙂