As a member of the technical program committee for VTDC 2007 I present the following Call for Papers, please feel free to pass on the text version to others that you know who may have an interest in this workshop.
CALL FOR PAPERS (VTDC 2007)
Workshop on Virtualization Technologies in Distributed Computing
held in conjunction with SC 07, the International Conference for
High Performance Computing, Networking and Storage.
date: November, 2007, Reno, NV, USA
The convergence of virtualization technologies and distributed computing is an exciting development and the subject of much research in both academia and industry. The VTDC workshop is intended to be a forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences on the use of virtualization technologies in distributed computing, the challenges and opportunities offered by the development of virtual systems themselves, as well as case studies of application of virtualization. The scope of "virtualization technologies" includes techniques and concepts to enable virtual machines, virtual networks, virtual data, virtual storage, virtual applications and virtual instruments. The scope of "distributed computing" includes Grid-computing, cluster computing, peer-to-peer computing and mobile computing.
VTDC 2007 topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Using virtualization technologies for resource management and QoS assurance
- Security aspects of using virtualization in a distributed environment
- Virtual networks
- Virtual data and storage systems
- Fault tolerance in virtualization
- Virtualization in P2P
- Monitoring techniques in virtualization
- Virtualization-based adaptive/autonomic systems
- Virtual datacenters
- Virtual environment factories and services
- Environment configuration
- Virtual machine management
- Modeling (applications and systems)
- Case studies of applications using virtual technologies
- Deployment studies of virtualization technologies
- Tools relevant to virtualization
- Virtualization as vehicle for outsourcing
Authors are invited to submit original and unpublished work that exposes a new problem, advocates a specific solution, or reports on actual experience. Papers should be submitted as full-length 8 page papers of double column text using single spaces 10pt size type on an 8.5"x11" paper, as per IEEE manuscript guidelines. Paper submission instructions will be placed on the workshop web page at http://workspace.globus.org/vtdc07. Presentations will be invited based on the originality, technical merit, and topical relevance of their submissions.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.
September 24, 2007 - Paper submission
October 16, 2007 - Notification of acceptance
October 26, 2007 - Final version due