Donna and I went out tonight to see if we could see Comet McNaught, but the smoke haze from the bushfires meant it was obscured. 🙁
The BOM is forecasting clearer conditions tomorrow (asides from possible thunderstorms) so that might work out – though it will be 39Â°C!
Weeks of no clouds up here. I get scheduled on the telescope, have a beautiful pristine horizon to the west, then several days of storms and a major bushfire. The weather will still be bad by the time I go off nights after tomorrow night. The comet will be gone by the time it clear anyway.